Today having a mobile-friendly website is very important to your business.
Here are some statistics you may not be aware of:
- An impressive 89% shops online
- 79% of mobile phones are used for shopping
- 28% of businesses don't have a website!
- Only the 24% of websites are optimized for mobile
(Statistics by YellowPages, 2016)
- Mobile digital media time in the US is now significantly higher at 51% compared to desktop (42%).
Another good reason: one year ago, Google announced that mobile users will now see a “mobile-friendly” label next to websites on search results pages that meet their requirements for a mobile site. This change means that websites that meet Google’s benchmarks for a mobile-friendly site will be more likely to turn up in a mobile search.
If you’re curious whether or not your website meets these criteria, Google has a mobile-friendly test
that lets you know whether or not your website will get the label.